4/11/11

Chow TIme Less Free



Today it seems, more and more, like we are loosing the freedom to choose. When I was a kid, I sold candy at school. I bought pre-wrapped fireballs for about 10 cents each and re-sold them at school for a quarter. It was a mildly successful endeavour until I got the video game I was saving for, and promptly stopped buying more product. The point I'm trying to make is, no one from my school would have ever thought of banning candy all together, just to stop my candy company from existing. Case in point...

FULL STORY

A school in Chicago is now banning ALL outside foods, and telling parents and children alike what the kids will eat and when. Actually it's been like this for them for roughly 6 years already. But here's the thing... It's not so much that my children can't sell candy at school. But what about them choosing to eat organics only, or possibly a vegetarian diet, or vegan, or meat only. How about the fact that they LOVE the way that I make a sandwich.

Look kids are definitely getting fatter, and that's a problem. But when we remove choice, we remove consequences. even more importantly we remove freedom. Even if it's only a tiny bit at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment